Sunday, February 26, 2012

Coosing FE&E...and other Inspiration


When trying to decide what color palette I was going to use for my Pediatric Oncology Center, I came across this color palette and though that it encompassed the characteristics of my concept. With my concept being the honeycomb I wanted my color palette to derive from the source of the honeycombs production...flowers...and bees of course...but this image reminding me of spring flowers and I plan to uses these colors (with different hues and transparency) along with a light color wood to liven up and bring life to my space!
Let me know what you think? (note: thinking of using a more saturated version of these colors to make it less feminine)

 Love this idea for storage of patient belongings while they are receiving treatment...The white hexagons will be able to be accessed from the other side so that this divider can be used from both sides...
Hoping to use this in my changing area where patients can store their belongings while they are undergoing imaging or radiation therapy...love how some of the hexagon shapes are open, closed, and illuminated!
Because my chemotherapy area is open I wanted to use some sort of "transparent" barrier so that the patients are receiving some sort of privacy, but they are sill able to be monitored by nurse and other staff members
I wanted to separate my waiting area so that patients and their families felt like the waiting experience  a more intimate  and comforting...I appreciate this dividing element that you are still able to see to the next space...

Above are two options for continuing the overhead detailing of my reception desk (in previous blog post) I am wanting to use something thing similar and also incorporate wayfinding by adding color and extending slats down creating wayfinding signs as you go down main corridors... 






Some seating options for chemotherapy treatment...I like the idea of a chair and ottoman which can be used as a footrest for the patient or possibly a place for someone to sit...Also fond of the adjustable head  pillow in the orange and green chairs...The red womb chair is an option for a smaller child...I was having a hard time finding treatment chair for smaller children..If you have any suggestions please let me know...looking for one that reclines...

Please feel free to post your opinion on these ideas...your opinon is encouraged and appriciated 

No comments:

Post a Comment